POST TITLE: Post-Doctoral Research Associate
RESPONSIBLE TO: Reginaldo Bertolo (Institute of Geosciences – University of Sao Paulo) and Tannaz Pak (School of Computing, Engineering and Digital Technologies. Teesside University)
The purpose of post:
The main job role is related to help with delivering the GRUN project which is funded through GCRF QR entitled: “Towards the first implementation of groundwater remediation using nanotechnology in Brazil – Delivering new policies and designing the first pilot-scale case study”. The focus of this international collaborative project is on bringing together representatives from key industries, governmental agencies, and academia to prepare a plan and a technical design for (i) implementing the first pilot-scale nanoremediation case study in Brazil, and (ii) evaluating its effect on public health.
During the lifetime of the post the post holder will be working with Prof. Reginaldo Bertolo and Dr Tannaz Pak.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To take the lead role in co-ordinating and delivering technical research and development work related to the GRUN project.
- To work with project partners, organise meetings, and record/share communications effectively.
- Work with Brazilian industrial partners, visit sites, review site descriptions/documentations, perform data processing, experiments and modelling as required by the project.
- To communicate with Brazilian policy makers specifically the environmental agency of Sao Paulo regarding the development of new policies required for nanoremediation in Brazil.
- To publish research output in high impact journals. To take a role in the dissemination and coordination of research activities.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Policy and guidelines.
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical and professional behaviour.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be allocated from time to time.
The post holder will undertake research which will contribute to managing groundwater resources in Brazil.
Post: Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Institute of Geosciences – University of Sao Paulo
School/Department: School of Computing, Engineering and Digital Technologies, Teesside University
|Competency:||Skill, knowledge or responsibility:||Essential/ Desirable||Measured by:|
|Knowledge and experience||Level: PhD degree environmental /chemical/petroleum Engineering with relevant technical, professional or specialist knowledge to carry out the role.|
Specific to the role: Knowledge of groundwater systems
|Application form Certificates Interview References|
|Analysis and research||Level: Engage in high level research Analysis of complex research ideas Can apply existing methodology according to the overall context|
Specific to role: Previously worked on relevant research projects as a member of a team, including collaborators and industrial partners
|Application form Interview Presentation Publications|
|Oral and written communication||Ability to convey complex information or ideas of detailed technical or specialist nature both in English and Portuguese||E||Application form Interview Presentation Publications|
|Planning and organising resources||Plan, prioritise and organise the research/resources to achieve agreed objectives.||E||Application form Interview References|
|Teamwork and motivation||Required to be self-directed, supportive and encouraging of others in a team. Required to be an operational team leader and ready to travel internationally as appropriate.||E||Application form Interview References|
|Liaison and networking||Liaise with people and participate in networks internally and externally, as required, to ensure good dissemination of research activities and facilitate collaborative work.||E||Application form Interview References|